Saturday 11 March 2017

GIVING UP MAKING PLANS



I have decided to give up making plans.
This week, among other things, I had plans to meet two women for coffee, go to the U3A choir for the first time and spend today, Saturday, on a course. Instead, I came down with a cold. This one is particularly annoying as it's disrupting my sleep and comes with an irritating cough and a headache. I find it hard even to read let alone be creative but there’s nothing I can do except sit it out and wait for it to go.
My writing has taken a massive hit. First the stress before the move, then the stress of actually moving, now this but there is a light shining at the end of the tunnel. Last year, I managed to catch up after a very shaky start. There’s no reason why I can’t do that again this year.
The one thing I do want is to have more balance in my life which meas work rest AND play. There is so much going on locally that I haven’t even begun to scratch the surface of all the groups and activities and places I can go to. 
Having to wait until I am better is a small price to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment