Monday 6 October 2014

Bog off, bug



For the past few days, I’ve been poorly. Just an annoying virus, aches and pains, coughs, sneezes, generally under par. I know that when I feel bad, my writing doesn’t work as well as it needs to so there’s little point in trying to write anything. That leaves me with a problem. If I had a proper job, I’d call my boss, say I need a few days off sick, then take to my bed, or do whatever I felt like to get myself better.
 As I’m self employed, and therefore my own boss, you’d think that would make it easier. I don’t need to see a doctor, or produce a medical certificate, I don’t even need to make that call. I can have as much time off as I want only it doesn’t quite pan out like that. After a day or so I start to feel guilty. I SHOULD be working. I NEED to make up the numbers after having sold so many stories last month.  I feel as though I need a boss, somebody to say ’don’t’ worry, there’s a lot of it about, see you in a week or so.’
Of course, it doesn’t help that I have a lot on this week. Some things like ukulele class, don’t matter too much, but others, like the Spice Quiz and a slot on East Leeds FM do matter.  Maybe that’s what I find annoying about being ill. It means I’m not in control, the bug is. Whatever the reason, I wish I could feel better.
Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment